top of page

24. Do I need to send my original passport to the IRS for receipt of an ITIN number?

Updated: May 13, 2022

YES and NO YES If you fill out documents with an agency that does not have an ITIN Acceptance Agent license, you will have to send your original passport to the IRS. You will receive your passport back in 6-8 weeks. NO If you complete documents with a licensed office, like ours, you will not need to send your original passport. Your passport will be assessed and certified by a notary at our office and a photocopy will be sent to the IRS for processing. In 6-8 weeks, you'll receive your official ITIN number. Our office is happy to assist you with this, we have all the necessary licenses for this procedure. You can find our company’s license link directly from on the official IRS licensed ITIN agents website directory. Our company name in the directory is under T.I.P Inc. and is located in Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.

United States Tax Services

Tax Preparation, Payroll, Accounting, Tax Planning

Call us at (800) 913-0809 or send an SMS at (224) 676-3577 if you have any questions.

9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page