34. Name Change on Your Documents

If you changed your name because of marriage, divorce, or another reason...

Be sure to report the name change to the Social Security Admin.

Go to https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber and select "Name change" to get the details.

Names shown on tax returns must match Social Security records.

Mismatches can lead to IRS delays in return processing and issuance of refunds.

14 views0 comments