top of page

63. I Made a Mistake on My Tax Return, What Should I Do?

You must file an amended tax return entering the corrected info and an explanation of why are you changing your report. Based on the three-year rule, you can file an amended tax return during the next three tax seasons. But it depends on what type of mistake you’ve found.

For example, if the correction states that you owe more taxes, it makes sense to file the amendment ASAP.

The IRS charges penalties and interest after the tax deadline.

If you realize you need help to correct something on your return, make an appointment with tax pro today:

United States Tax Services: Tax Preparation, Payroll, Accounting, Tax Planning

Call us at (800) 913-0809 or send an SMS at (224) 676-3577 if you have any questions.

19 views0 comments


bottom of page